Sunday, August 30, 2015

Early Girls

Early Girls, 8x10 oil on canvas




Welcome to the first post for my art blog! Am I late to the party? Well, maybe, but I have a burning desire to be a blogger! Why?  I am really excited about painting and I want to share my passion.  I've been thinking about this for a long while and, finally, the time to start is NOW because on September 1st, Tuesday, Leslie Saeta's  "30 Paintings in 30 Days" challenge will begin! I'm going to participate and I want to document it this time! This will be my 3rd time, Ya'll. The first time - not so great. I only painted 6 paintings. But I figured a few things out and the next time, in January, I did it! I painted all 30! So now I have the confidence to try it again. The intention of the competition is to simply paint more and to support each other. AND to have fun! One small conundrum for me - this is also the beginning of the school year and I'm going to be slightly (!!!) busy with that. I'm not sure how this is going to play out, but, to be honest, my teaching job (which I love, by the way) has a way of quickly taking over my life. I hope coming home and painting every day will help me set some boundaries and stay balanced... in addition be growing as an artist. So, follow me! Lets see what happens.
*Please know that my blog is in the early stages. It'll get better as I figure this out. Someone said, "Start before you're ready." and I took that advice. 

2 comments:

  1. Yaiy! I am excited to see/read about your adventure! Maybe it will inspire me... Next month ;)

    ReplyDelete